Another Colette pattern, this is the Chantilly dress. There are two versions to this dress, I made the first version with lightweight fabric and then a visible lining. I bought the fabric from Joann's, they are both polyester. The outer was on the clearance rack and is some type of chiffon like fabric, the inside is a soft pink poly charmeuse. My reasoning for buying synthetic materials at the time was that I had never worked with a light silk-esque fabric before and was afraid to completely ruin material that was expensive. I think in the long run that the poly fabrics are harder to work with. I have since worked with a silk crepe and did not experience any of the problems I had with this dress fabric. I don't know exactly what it was, but it would just not do what it was supposed to do. I had a lot of problems with the top half, I wrote about this in a previous post.
Pin It Now!