My first spring project is done. Simplicity 2337, it is a project runway pattern with a lot of different options. This is a basic shift dress with a pleated sleeve. I used cotton matte jersey that was in my stash from JoAnn's. I also used my serger for most of the seams and to finish the facings.
I wanted to make a simple dress that would make my bright accessories stand out. It's also a good transitional dress, I can wear it now with my velvet jacket and tights. I'll wear it in spring with a bright necklace and cute wedges.
I'm waiting till the end of the spring palette challenge to take pictures with the dress on, as well as the other pieces. That way I can mix and match what I made, and show how I will really wear it.
Pin It Now!