Well here they are, my Clover pants. The Clover pants, from Colette Patterns are the first pants pattern I have ever made. I did version 1, which are ankle length and have front pockets. I posted my muslin, and I think that I fixed the majority of the problems. I used the same stretch cotton sateen from Joann's Fabric with 3% stretch, on these pants as my muslin, so I didn't have any fitting surprises with the fabric.
The muslin had several problems. The crotch was sitting a smidge too low, which means I have a long torso. I lowered the crotch curve in the back for a deeper curve,and it sits much better. I lengthened the front and back above the crotch, as a result of my long torso. The back now sits better. I also added width at the thighs and rear.
For the pockets I just a bit of muscle car print quilting cotton I had. It gives it a little bit of a hot rodder vibe. I had some problems with the finishing of these pants. I had a temporary brain malfunction and sewed the zipper on the right side, which is embarrassing. And then I went a little serger crazy and made a HOLE on my upper left thigh. I think my last project, the Starlet Suit Jacket, went together too easily so this was my sewing karma payback.
I'm loving the way these pants look with the sweater I knitted. (It's the tie back shell from Knitscene Magazine) I will be making these pants again, once I decide on a color, or even a print, and hopefully I won't serge any holes in them.
|ahh VPL! Please ignore this|
If you haven't already, don't forget to enter my tailoring giveaway!Pin It Now!