Last week I posted about the unflattering dress I made, which I turned into a new creation, retro butterick pattern 6582. I kept the skirt from the vintage pattern and married it to the new/retro pattern, using view c. It has a faux front wrap and gathered shoulders. I had to move the zipper form the center back to the side to accommodate the skirt which already had an opening on the side.
The fabric is a silk and rayon crepe blend. It is very lightweight, and very mailable. It was a challenge to get it to stay the same shape after I cut it. The skirt was the perfect opportunity to use french seams, and make a clean look. The fabric is very sheer, so I interlined it with the same fabric. Interlining it with the same fabric, made it easier to sew, rather than trying to force the silk to fit another type of interlining fabric (which is what I tried to do with the first dress). I hemmed it using the serger rolled hem, which was very easy to do, and looks great for this flowy skirt.
Pin It Now!