Saturday, September 3, 2016

Gertie's Butterick 6322


I've made a lot of dresses this summer and blogged only a few. Mostly because I've been taking pictures and then they don't look as good as I thought they should. So I'm just gonna show this dress even though the pictures aren't top notch. 

This dress is Butterick 6322, another dress from Gertie's pattern line. I really like the corset detail and the waist and the peasant style bust. 





I spent most of the time on this dress plaid matching. The fabric is a very light-weight almost seersucker cotton. It matches up on all the sideseams, the entire center back and the corset part is cut on the bias, and the plaids match there too.


I added 2.5" to raise the bust, otherwise it would have been quite indecent. It does fall off my shoulders a little bit so I would gather the neck a little more and make the bias tape a little shorter to compensate. I also had to hem it twice, the first time it was way too long and unflattering. 




Adding the grommets to the corset was easy, except that I felt they were a little loose and went back and hammered them on a hard surface and half the paint fell off. Then it was hard to get the ribbon I originally picked out to fit. I used an 1/8th inch ribbon in hot pink. 


I sewed this dress in under 24 hours in the beginning of the summer so I guess it was quite easy.  I've been wearing it once a week all summer, so its been a successful make.


Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. You did a great job! The dress looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gingham matches the feel of the dress so well! And the colours in it are just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is great, I love all the extra details and the fabric works really well. Please don't worry about your photos, no one is expecting perfect photos, I just love looking at what been made to get inspiration and to learn, finding out what has been altered is so helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! The plaid matching is impressive :)

    ReplyDelete